I am always looking for a good message to share with everyone and today I found this FANTASTIC article written by Carla McNeil. It is based on 6 Benifits of Giving. Do you know 6 reasons why it is good to give? You can read ALL of Carla's Article HERE. But here is the important part I want to share!
6 Benefits of Giving
We need to ensure a future generation of givers, it is never too early for families and society to cultivate children's generous and charitable impulses.
Benefits of Giving:
1. Put it on your resume - it can be very beneficial to indicate any charity work or giving that you do in your life because it will give your future employer a better picture of who you are. Being a generous, giving person are traits that many employers are looking for.
2. Improve your health - research done on the "Helpers High" indicates that it can improve our immune system, assist us to live longer and act as an antidote to chronic pain and even insomnia.
3. Develop relationships - when you get out and become involved in a local charity or organization you meet other people who are of like mind. This can create new friendships in your life which are beneficial in many ways.
Life is not about you, but what you can do with your life.
4. Have fun - I will always remember the fun I have had being involved in the United Way campaigns or dog-walking for our local SPCA. Building the team, participating in the activities and assisting other in realizing the benefits of giving are very powerful.
5. Develop new skills - no matter what type of activities you choose, whether it be helping out at your local food bank, soup kitchen or SPCA, chances are that new skills are there for you to learn.
6. Reduce your stress - release of endorphins, more commonly known as the "feel good' chemicals that help combat stress.
We don't judge; giving is giving, and the people to whom you donate will always be appreciative, regardless of your motives. More good news: you don't just have to donate money - you can donate food, clothes, pet supplies, blood, or time.
Giving is giving! Please GIVE today and either TEXT SOS to 25383 or go to the link at the top of this blog or mail a check to the Vacaville Unified School District SOS CRISIS FUND! You will make a difference for 13,611 children.